Our 4TH ANNUAL 5K and 1-MILE RUN was a HUGE success!
A BIG THANK YOU to our sponsors who provided financial and other support and EVERYBODY else who made this such a successful event!!
We had 25 Corporate Sponsors, countless Family Sponsors, lots of volunteers, more runners than ever, and plenty of people who came out to cheer everybody on! Many of the kids who participate in our programs and events came out with their families which made it an extra special day! As usual, Mikey took care of the weather and it was a spectacular morning with a great vibe and beautiful people doing beautiful things!!
Thank you to our sponsors:
Happy Family Organics
Trumbull Animal Hospital
Cardiology Physicians of Fairfield County, LLC
Rehabilitation Associates, Inc.
Commerce Park Children’s Dentistry & Orthodontics
SoundView IT Solutions
Higgins Group Real Estate
Capitol Photo Booths
Broder & Orland LLC
Harvey Bluestein, M.D.
Au Pair in America
Robik Glantz Builders LLC
Fin Japanese Restaurant
55 Wine Bar and Restaurant
ASF Sports & Outdoors
Old World Pizza Truck
Garelick & Herbs
AND Special Thanks to:
- Happy Family Brands for being our lead sponsor this year and also for providing lots of yummy product samples for everyone
- Regina Madwed at Capitol PhotoInteractive and Daniel Madwed at Capitol Photo Booths for hosting our early bib pickup Friday Night, Regina for capturing all the special moments on Race Day (pics coming soon!), and Daniel for hosting a complimentary Photo Booth and handing out souvenir photos to everybody at the Event.
- Trumbull Animal Hospital, who in addition to providing us with financial support, donated dog-proof frisbees and coupons for all our runners, and hosted a pet-friendly booth at the Race
- Rehabilitation Associates, Inc., who in addition to providing financial support, hosted a booth at the Event and had the highest number of participants for a Sponsor-Team in the 5K
- Commerce Park Children’s Dentistry & Orthodontics, who in addition to providing financial support and provided us with a very popular Door Prize, hosted a super-fun booth at the Event
- Taco Loco for the 4th year providing delicious post-race food to all of our runners and Door Prizes
- Lisa Greschler Burger from Au Pair in America for once again hosting the International-themed Kids’ Tent and having local au pairs help keep so many kids happy while their parents ran the race.
- Sportsplex@Fairfield for providing many of our fabulous raffle prizes and other support and for hosting a table at the Event
- Amy Yazbak and Jacalyn Papstein for managing the “Kids Corral”. (They entertained the kids while their parents ran the 5K and many others who visited with their parents!)
- Cathy Barriger Dunsby for managing the Door Prizes
- Jacki Moore and Caroline Bergius who flew in from Germany and Sweden a week before the Event and worked tirelessly to make sure that everything was perfect
- Heather DaCosta Barrett and Robert Barrett for organizing our second annual Virtual Run at Magnolia Plantation in Lake Mary, Florida. They mapped out their own 5K course and had over 30 people come out and participate!
- Mikey's friend, Aleysha Henry for kicking things off with our National Anthem
- The Fairfield Police for keeping everybody SAFE out on the course, which was obviously our No. 1 priority
- The countless friends and family and others (they know who they are and so do we) who volunteered their time in the week before and especially the day of the Event (many beginning before sunrise and some traveling quite a distance to be here). Without each and every one of them this Event would not have been possible….
And finally, of course, to all the runners and spectators who came out! We had the biggest crowd ever this year, which was AWESOME!!
And the best part -- we RAISED MORE MONEY THAN EVER before and are looking forward to putting it all to good use helping families of children with special needs. We've got lots of exciting things in the works so stay tuned for updates as we continue carrying out our mission.
If you ran and want to see your time, click HERE:
If you won or placed in your age group, CONGRATULATIONS! If you didn't stick around for your trophy, we will contact you this week and get it to you. We will also be contacting you If you won a Door Prize and missed the drawing.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR TOP SPONSORS!!!